Saturday, October 28, 2006

On a write up about 'Women Strokes'

'Usha Ramachandran derived inspiration from newspaper items, photographs, visuals on television et al. Her paintings touched a spectrum of areas - the destruction of Lebanon , tsunami, autumn leaves and nostalgic memories. But one of her arresting paintings was `The satisfied house wife with a cat.' "There is a general misconception that non-working women are frustrated and discontented. Homemaking is such a challenging task and perhaps the most fulfilling one for a woman," says Usha The exhibition by 6 women artists was very well received.Lots of visitors,including- surprise -surprise Michael Palin !!! That was a good,happy experience.Met many painting enthusiasts and artists.Learnt a lot ,this being my first experience.Sreebala and Ranjini came to see and Bala was very supportive(It was a great experience to see so many --young ,old and middle-aged individuals who were Bala's fans :-).Jimmy rang up saying he would do what he could to help.One feels enthused when one comes across such support. By the way ,did I say "perhaps most fulfilling one for women"? Certainly not.I believe that depends on the woman.Home maker can cetainly be very happy with what she is doing ,as I was,and it is as good as you have a mind to make it.It could be a challenge (esp if one is not a good manager?)or smooth if one is lucky enough to have other members of the family who knows who is 'managing'. Ok, that is it.I had amostly lovely time ,when I look back.I feel I have not done a bad job too.Had hoobies like painting ,reading ,stiching ,gardening,window shopping to take my mind off and relax .I am thankful. Hope I can give more to art now.

No comments:

An article that had appeared in The New Indian Express on my sculpture exhibition

            Saturday, June, 03, 2023  06:48:22 PM NATION WORLD STATES CITIES OPINIONS BUSINESS SPORT GOOD NEWS MOVIES PHOTOS VIDEOS WEB SCRA...