Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Lone Singer

Many years ago as I was waiting at the Sree Krishana Temple at Guruvayur, for the doors of the sanctum sanctorium to open I was most pleasantly surprised when I suddenly heard soft drum beats and a lone attractive voice singing just behind me.It was a very moving experience ---so much so that it brought tears to my eyes and I never forgot. Later on I learned that was Ramapoduval singing 'ashtapadi' songs from 'Geetha Govindam' of Jaydeva.Here is my tribute to that beautiful moment.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very good amma.

P. Venugopal said...

beautiful. the picture rings...

usha said...

Thank you Venugopal.

vmsivadas said...

Sopana . am admirer Rama Podaval . Very Fine. SIVADAS V.M

Anonymous said...

< Very Fine. Sivadas>

usha said...

Thanks .you can see this painting in original from 12th jan to 19th jan at russian cultural cetre,tvm.:-).

Unknown said...

Dear Usha,
I heard spona sangeetham.I enjoyed it verey much. CHEEERAMOMAN

pradhipan said...

ഏകാന്ത ഗായകന്‍ :
comment: പേര് വളരെ അന്വര്‍ത്ഥം. സോപാനസംഗീതത്തില്‍ വേറെയാരുടെയും പേര് കേള്‍ക്കാനില്ല. മകന്‍ ഹരിഗോവിന്ദന്‍ അനുകരണം !

An article that had appeared in The New Indian Express on my sculpture exhibition

            Saturday, June, 03, 2023  06:48:22 PM NATION WORLD STATES CITIES OPINIONS BUSINESS SPORT GOOD NEWS MOVIES PHOTOS VIDEOS WEB SCRA...